The IJAFR subjects all submitted research articles to the highest standards of international peer review:
- At least two suitably qualified experts review each research article.
- The journals’ Senior Editor makes all publication decisions based on the reviews provided.
- The Editorial Board Members assist the Senior Editor in decision making on specific submissions.
- The Editorial Board Members lend insight, advice, and guidance to the Senior Editor.
- Administrative support for the review process is provided by the Editorial Board Members and Senior Editor. They uphold the integrity of peer review while delivering rapid turnaround and maximum efficiency to all stakeholders including authors, reviewers, and editors alike.
- The journal uses a single-blind peer review process. We do not release referees’ identities to authors or to other reviewers unless a referee voluntarily signs their comments to the authors. Our preference is for referees to remain anonymous throughout the review process and beyond.
Reviewers primarily evaluate the originality, validity and importance of the manuscripts, and provide detailed and evidence-based (with references) comments to help editors to make publication decisions (accept, revise or reject) and authors to make improvements.
The following points are considered during the review process:
1. Is the manuscript suitable for the IJAFR? Is it original and important?
The topic should be within the scope of the journal and should be of interest to the readers. Reviewers also need to judge the originality and importance of the manuscript.
2. Are the results and conclusions well-supported?
Reviewers should highlight if the data are incomplete, insufficient, or if there are errors, because the data may fail to lead to the results and thus the conclusions.
3. Are there any problems regarding statistics?
The statistics reviewer needs to make sure there are no flaws or errors regarding statistical methods and analyses.
Reviewers should respect and observe the confidentiality of the manuscript.